About Nashville’s Hiking and Nature Blog
This blog is about hiking in Nashville, Tennessee, and beyond. The usual blogger is Stephen Frasier (moi), who hikes frequently at Radnor Lake in Nashville and wherever else he can manage to connect with nature on the trails; he just can’t seem to get enough. He may be a little obsessive about it, actually…
I have an extreme reverence for nature and its wonders, and there is literally no activity in which I would rather engage than hiking. I live in south Nashville, Tennessee, not far from Radnor Lake and Ellington Agricultural Center. Until recently, I lived within easy walking distance of Ellington, and I was fortunate to discover some excellent natural areas during my almost-daily hikes.
My trusty digital camera (an Olympus Stylus 790SW) goes with me on each and every hike — and thanks to the digital age, I do not have to hold back on the number of photographs I take as I hike. Most of the posts in this blog include quite a few photographs (and a few videos, capturing moments like catching the biggest gray rat snake I’ve ever seen, or the Canada Goose building a nest near the spillway bridge). I hope you enjoy them.
Random Photos: click your ‘refresh’ button to see them all
A special note about the photos on this blog… the vast majority of the images you see within the posts are pulled at random from themed image folders. Generally speaking (there are exceptions), a different image of the same subject will appear when you refresh or reload the page (via your web browser, such as Firefox or Chrome).
See the photo of the butterfly in flight? Now click your browser’s refresh button. Since there are three (3) images in that particular folder, there is a 2/3 chance you will see a different image of that butterfly in flight when you reload the page.
To see different images in virtually every blog post, just reload the page a couple of times. We add this random image feature (a simple PHP script) to most of our websites and many of our clients’ websites.
We operate a web content, copywriting, web marketing, SEO business in Nashville, so if you would like your web presence to rank well in Google searches (or if you require any other website services), please give us a chance to discuss your web project – even if you don’t happen to live in or around Nashville.
I do not mind if you download my photographs, but if you use them, please give credit to me, Stephen Frasier, and include a link to this blog at www.hikingnature.com — that’s all I ask. If you use my photographs to earn money, please make a donation .
I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment if you have any comments or questions regarding a particular post; I would really appreciate it. If you have a question, it would be my pleasure to answer it to the best of my ability.
I am also interested in how you found this blog. Please leave a comment or email me at hikingnature (at) gmail (dot) com and let me know how you found us. If you used Google, I’d be most grateful if you’d let me know what keywords you used and how we ranked. For several years now, this hiking blog has ranked very high on Google searches for keywords such as Nashville hiking. (Our SEO [search engine optimization] clients enjoy this perk, too…) This Nashville hiking blog seems to be in a constant race with the magnificent Nashville Hiking Meetup group for Google’s #1 position for those keywords!
Other places I post
- Another Day, Another Digression: a brain dump for myself and others. Publishing the occasionally unfinished articles here seems to be a better alternative than squirreling the material away on a hard drive where it would likely be neglected for a long while or permanently forgotten. If the information is published on this blog, accessible and out in the open – tagged, categorized, and dated – then it might serve a useful purpose to me or to others who happen to run across it.
- Nashville SEO & Web Content – Creation of custom, relevant web content, writing, ghostwriting, blogging, ghostblogging, WordPress blogs; organic, natural search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), social media marketing (SMM), web marketing, email marketing, web hosting, and related website services in Nashville
- Engaging Enthrallments – Other thoughts, interests, and obsessions, articles
- Bestweb Nashville – Nashville web design, web development, SEO
- Bumbling Bloviations – Random, verbose hamhockery
- Greenism – under construction, experimental; encouraging the genuine appreciation of nature; pleading for reason and compassion in our treatment of the environment; why the fideistic pseudoscience of the new cult Resisting the Green Dragon is an abomination; the increasing importance of nature’s inclusion on one’s spiritual or religious path; weeding out harmful disinformation and political talking points in public discourse concerning nature